Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sketchbook Doodles


And...go! This is me, just starting a new sketchbook. A real one. A new sketchbook all about comic art.
So this is the first page. I've been talking to a writer about doing a comic about a little girl, so naturally, as I started doodling with that blue pencil, a girl appeared on the page. In this case a girl that is way too old for this project, but that's ok, I'll get around to drawing younger kids later. It's surprisingly difficult to draw kids when you're not used to it. One thing is true for me, though... I don't draw pretty girls. It's not that I can't, it's just .. every single girl or chick in a comic book seems to be the hottest supermodel chick you're ever seen. Which is nice and all, but I guess I'm more of a Katsuhiro Otomo kind of guy: I draw the girl next door, not super models.

No comments:

Post a Comment