Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bristol board - my paper of choice

I just received my new shipment of Strathmore Bristol board.

Once I started drawing on this board, I simply could not go back to inferior papers. It's super durable, smooth, heavyweight paper, perfect for the penciling and inking required by comic art.
Unfortunately this type of paper simply isn't available in South Africa, so I have to import it.
Rather unsurprisingly, the costs of importing it, including shipping and duty ends up being equivalent or just a little bit more that the cost of locally available, inferior papers.

Perhaps "inferior" is not always the right work to describe local papers, but in my experience, the right type of paper for technical drawing and inking just isn't really available.


No comments:

Post a Comment