Monday, August 12, 2013

Gofu! Gofu! Gofu! Comic inks and midnight bristol board adventures.

I've been "igniting the midnight petroleum" as Data would say, working on my comic, Gofu.
I'm a bit behind schedule, but I seem to be making good progress and catching up as I get faster.

Originally I was going to do the comic digitally, but at the last minute I switched back to traditional. Good ol' inks on bristol board. Even though I can draw both ways, I'm a lot more comfortable drawing traditionally, and, it seems, faster. Plus, digital just doesn't seem real to me...it has its place and several advantages, but at the end of the day I feel disconnected from the work somehow.

I do, however do all my layouts and roughs digitally before I transfer them to board.
So I think I am using the best of both worlds.
There is just nothing like holding a finished comic art page in your hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment