Friday, September 13, 2013

Gofu comic launch at Open Book Comics Fest 2013

My first comic, Gofu, was launched at Open Book Comics Fest 2013 and it was a great success!
It was an awesome comics show that was part of the Open Book Festival in Cape Town and it was humbling to meet so many amazing artists and just all round nice people! 

Gofu did very well at Open Book Comics Fest 2013, and I am very happy about that! To everyone who came and supported and bought Gofu - a big thank you! You guys made all the effort worth while.

I am back home now and I am selling my comic, Gofu and a few other goodies in my online shop - http://jumpsuitart.bigcartel.com/ - international shipping available.
Just click the "Jumpsuit Shop" button above and it will take you right there.
For South African customers who don't use Paypal, you are welcome to contact me directly (deon(at)jumpsuitart(dot)com) to make a purchase.

Alternatively Gofu is also for sale from Readers Den Comic Shop in Claremont and Blank Books in Woodstock for those of you who are in Cape Town but could not make it to Open Book Comics Fest!

The SA comics community is growing, and support is growing too. I was amazed at the diversity of the content, styles and themes on display from the various SA comic artists. I have started adding links to local comic books to the bottom right of my blog - go and support them, guys! SA comics needs your involvement!

I cant wait to get going on my next comic!



My wife, Megan - what a trooper! The Gofu launch would not have happened without her.

My neighbors, Josh Ryba of "Rebirth" and Luis Tolosana of "Philo's Wish". The SA comic artists community is just a bunch of awesome people! 


Rico of "Madam and Eve" came around to my table for a chat - such a great guy and, for me, an honor to show some of my work to a legend of South African comics. 

 Nawhaal and Shaakira - awesome people!

No comments:

Post a Comment