Friday, May 23, 2014

Re-Branding, New Comics and Etsy store!



I won't lie, the FCBD mist has taken a while to settle!
I've been so busy, I've been neglecting my posts, but a few exciting changes have happened in the last few weeks!

First of all, Reader's Den Free Comic Book Day was awesome! It was really hard work, but it went very well, and we enjoyed it so much! I was there with my wife Megan, who was selling her Starbright Girl jewellery, and we had a blast! I pretty much sold out of the mini-Tomica comics and Gofu 2 sold very well. I was also happy to a see a lot of new reasers picking up Gofu 1.
I had a some original art for sale at a show for the first time, and I was very happy to have sold a few, so I will be bringing a lot more original art variety to the next show!
Can't wait for the next one!

Once FCBD was over, I was able to get round to many bookstores and am happy to announce that Gofu Part 1 and 2 are now available in the following stores around the country:
Reader's Den Comic Shop in Claremont and Tygervalley, Cape Town.
Outer Limits Comics, Cape Town.
Blank Books in Woodstock, Cape Town.
Clarkes Books in Long street, Cape Town.
Steampunk Comics in Centurion
The Unseen Shoppe in Westville, Durban.
The Batcave Comics N Games in Hillcrest, Durban

Of course my comics are always directly available from me too, and I do ship worldwide!

Dave and I have been super busy with our webcomic, Tomica in the meantime, and we have now hit double digits with our eleventh Tomica strip! It was also really great to see a big jump in readership over the last few weeks with our best day having over 230 visits! Please vote for us on Topwebcomics!

The biggest change this month would be the re-branding of my freelance illustration business, Jumpsuit Art. Gone is the jumping suit guy...I will miss him! However, it has become time to promote myself under my own name, especially since I now also have UO Comics. I found that with having Jumpsuit Art and UO Comics at the same events and mentioned in articles etc, thing tended to get a bit confusing.
So now I operate under my own name as Deon de Lange. My main art website is now www.deondelange.com, and my email address has changed to deon(at)deondelange(dot)com.
My old website, www.jumpsuitart.com and my old email, will still work, but will redirect to my new addresses.

Finally, I have opened my Etsy store at last! www.etsy.com/shop/DeonDeLangeArt
I have my original art, fan art, prints and comics for sale there so go check it out! 

  
Photo by Fahmeeda Zalgaonker





No comments:

Post a Comment